NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Collection & Swatches
Ahhh matte lips. One of the hottest makeup trends of 2016. I have to say I've been in love with matte lips ever since I tried my very first NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream a couple years ago. These little magical bottles of liquid lip stick are the best choice (in my opinion) for anyone looking to collect a wide range of matte liquid lipsticks.
I've been collecting these lip creams for a while now. Not only are they incredibly affordable ($6 - $9), but they are not drying at all! They glide on so creamy with their soft applicator and last for hours - another bonus. Today I have swatched the 10 lip cream colours I have and which ones are my favourite.
1. Tokyo: This is the lightest pink shade (I believe). It's really pretty, but you do have to build it up as it tends to go on very sheer.
2. London: A really nice light brown. It's very easy to wear and it's a great everyday colour.
3. Abu Dhabi: The prefect browny-nude lip. It's a bit darker than London, and I tend to wear this one all the time.
4. Antwerp: A fun coral colour. This is perfect for spring and summer.
5. San Paulo: This reminds me a lot of Antwerp, just darker and more pink. It's a great colour for the summer to fall transition time.
6. Addis Ababa: The ultimate fuchsia / Barbie pink. The perfect pop of colour in summer. I love how it looks with minimal makeup.
7. Prague: A deep purple / pink. Another colour that is very easy to wear. I think this colour would look amazing on all skin tones.
8. Amsterdam: The classic red, prefect with winged liner. What more do I need to say?
9. Monte Carlo: A deep red. Perfect for fall and winter. It's my go-to colour for the holiday season.
10. Transylvania: A dark violet colour. This one also tends to go on a bit transparent, but will build up. My tip is to put on a lip liner in a shade darker than it.
Which ones are my top three colours?
1. Abu Dhabi: I love a good browny-nude lip and this one does the trick! I think this colour looks amazing with a brown smoky eye and dusting of highlighter.
2. Monte Carlo: This was one of the first colours I bought (and repurchased). I think it's the perfect deep red lip. My go-to makeup look with this is nude shadow, winged liner, and a good contour.
3. Prague: This is the colour I reach to when I'm not sure what lip colour to wear - it's just so universal! I like to wear this colour with a flawless base, rosy cheeks, bare eyelids, and lush lashes.
Let me know in the comments below which colour is your favourite.